I know that I have said this in the past but I do not think that there is a school anywhere that is as busy as ours.
There may be schools who can claim to be busy as we are in a typical 8:45 to 3:15 school day but I don’t know if they could match our commitment in non-school hours. Examples from this week alone include:
– HS Fashion Show practice on the holiday Monday
– 7:00am practices for HS archery, cricket, tabata and next week, the TEAM track and field athletes start morning practices
– After-school practices for TEAM/Mentor floor hockey and HS badminton
– 6 after-school HS cricket, soccer and rugby games
– HS Outreach Club out late on Wednesday evening and HS Theatregoers out late Friday night
– 5:30am meeting at the school for 4 of our HS wrestlers to catch their flight to Fredericton for the national championships
– Grade 7/8 Peel Science Fair on Saturday and Sunday
Despite a week like this, I know that some of the same teachers and students involved in the events listed above will be energetic and enthusiastic ambassadors of our school at this Saturday’s Mentor and TEAM Open Houses. And to top that off, there will be 80 staff and HS students coming Saturday afternoon to put the final touches on Vissi D’Arte, this year’s charity fashion show. Those same staff and students (along with dozens of students from the TEAM, Primary and Intermediate divisions) will be back again next Saturday night for the show itself and then, just to top things off, the HS students and staff will be back again on Sunday morning for the cleanup. That’s 13 out of 14 days at school for this group of teenagers and teachers! No wonder so many new families are referred to us from current students and parents…they must really love their school to spend so much time here!
Mentor College/TEAM School