Tomorrow will be one of the most impressive displays of school spirit at Mentor and TEAM this year…the Inside Ride. This our 6th Ride and it has all the great characteristics for which our school events have become famous.
1) Parental support – We have parents supporting the event through pledging their kids and entering the event (your Parents’ Association gets a bike each year)
2) An Alumni connection – The founder of the Inside Ride is a former parent and the benefitting charity is in memory of a former student, Jenna Santelli
3) Staff support – Teachers help out as staff sponsors, make a team of riders themselves, help cover the classes of those who are riding…whatever is needed!
4) Inter-divisional participation – Students and staff from Grades 7 to 12 from four divisions are taking part and with Mrs. Philbrook and Mrs. Talarico taking a turn on a bike, every division is represented!
5) Student leadership opportunities – Whether it is acting as a bike captain, an event volunteer or the student executive our students earn valuable life skills in teamwork.
6) School spirit – While we have video of past Inside Rides, you really can’t appreciate the energy in the room unless you are actually there. If you have some time at 10:00 or 1:00 on Friday, come to the Main Campus gym and see (and hear) for yourself.
Mentor College / TEAM School